Wednesday, November 4, 2009

2:45am

so i am up at 2:45am listening to music as usual....and i cant help but wonder how our music has evolved. From the bass kicks, scratches, bam bam bam click bam...I love it! music is one aspect that defines us as a peoples, as Black People in America. Music was a way we were able to express our feelings, dreams, wants, needs....it was needed. I want to express my personal feelings on specific parts of our music, startin in Hip-Hop...the heart of our music to me. Hip-Hop was at such a contrversial point in the black community EVERYWHERE. Starting with Grand Master Flash and the furious five, Afrika Bambaataa's "Planet Rock" and the Sugar Hill Gang "i said a hip hop the hippie the hippie to the hip hip hop, a you dont stop the rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat". I often laugh because hip-hop is young, but oolder then I. and i can still feel like i was there at the start just because of how the music moves me. Ahh, its great, But back to the topic Hip-hop has went from Eric B and Rakim, Curtis Blow, Public Enemy, KRS-ONE, De-La, Slick Rick (whom is one of my favorites) Run DMC, Das Effect, Fat Boys, Big Daddy Kane, and Douggie Fresh. I cant forget the divas of hip-hop like Queen latifa with "Unity" Salt n Pepa, Roxanne Chante, JJ Fad and the mama MC Lyte. In fact im listenin to her Georgy Porgy song rite now :)

Hip-hop was so much more then the music, the attitude, the ora, the clothes, the shoes, the hair, EVERYTHING! Well its about 3:02 now, I would continue but i am getting a bit tired...im probably gonna continue to jam to these beats in my headphones. Have a good night ya'll....One Love <3

No comments: