Monday, September 28, 2009

New Beginning

Like many college students, lately I have been thinking about what I would like to do with my life. Where do I want to be, and WHO do I want to be? I have some great ideas and plans, and i have decided to keep you updated as well as keep an archive for myself to see my progress. I pray that through my hard work, dedication, and determination I can make it to where I want to be. Not just another person talking about what they want to do, I want to do it. Till another day...Love

Antonice Ja'lene

A zealous, eager, dynamic young woman
Striving to make "My" place in this world
Be the strong Black woman my mother hoped she could watch me become,
Though she is watching, just from a different perspective above...
Be that powerful Black woman with integrity that my father continues to watch...diligently
as he stays on his knees and prays for me

I observe the women of my past such as Angela Davis, Josephine Baker, Zora Neal Hurston, Maya Angelou, and Sarah Breedlove aka: Madame CJ Walker.
And women of my present Michelle Obama, Oprah Winfrey, Michelle Ebanks, Tyra Banks, and Cathy Hughes.
Hoping to become that future powerful Black woman you love,
and gain the privilege to be named with the ladies above.
They were not to be taken lightly, and neither am I..
I am a powerhouse in the making.

Antonice Ja'lene

No comments: